Skip to main content

Make up and Hair Up Style Trainings


Basic Make up :   October -December 2005
Basic Hair Up Style :    February-March 2006

 Intermediate Make up Artistry: Hi-Definition Make up:      January 2010 (ICI was already called CAS)



Prior to my big interest with make up, I clearly remembered at a very young age of 12, I was part of the Theater Club and I was assigned to play the role of "Jesus". I knew how to act but I thought at that time, what can I do to make myself look more like "Jesus"? So I got my mom's eyeliner pencil and some dark ,bright red lip colors and a "plastic balloon". I had to act like I was being crowned with thorns so I needed blood I made it out of the toy plastic balloon and the bold lip colors and made lots of beard and mustache. I drew from scratch imitating the hairs to my upper lip area and chin.I drew more blood. Just like that I got hooked. That was my very first on-the-spot special effects make up. Then it was in high school that I really started paying attention to theater plays. I had some lead roles so make up was improvised again and I had to do it on myself and to others.I just had fun playing with it. Colors are my thing. My mom said I could paint figures when I was 4.I appreciate art.It is my thing. Give me materials or anything I can turn them into something.But that is just me.

The first english-speaking  Make up/ Cosmetology School here in the Philippines is Center for Aesthetic Studies, formerly ICI Training Center. This school is well-known until today. My class instructors were Ms. Mari J. Wild for Basic Make up, Mr. Laurent Hebert for Hair Up Style and Ms. Jen Delica for Hi-Definition Make up.I am very thankful to them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridal Make up Beauty Transformation

II'm back again! I'm sharing this video and photos with you!  These were taken on  my sister's wedding day! My sister and I had the greatest make up session in our lives! Imagine us, sisters who bonded on the last hours before she says "I do". We just laughed and cried!I will never forget this moment!  I chose not to do a neutral or earth-tone look as I was eyeing a look that's a little both dramatic and ethereal. I asked Jay, my trusted hairstylist and friend to do her beautiful braided hair. Products used: Temptu Airbrush Foundation and Blush   temptu.com Loose Powder Foundation to set:  shuuemura.com Eyebrow gel creme:  macprocosmetics Eyeshadow colors:  viseartparis.com Lipcolor:  stila.com #beautytransformation #bridalmakeup #hairandmakeup   Before (bare faced no make up except eyelash extensions)  After (straight from my phone camera)  And these are photos from the photographer , Ralph Alejandrino. Lo...

It's been a long time...

 Oh my, it's been a long time since I have last posted something about work... and I think it has been a year already to be exact!  Anyway, I won't make any promises but I will really try my very best to post works more often and perhaps share more about what ladies often want to learn more. Even the men can join too.  And to share some more today, I almost gave up being a make up artist! Probably one of the reasons why is because, most people nowadays are becoming more and more of a critic and doesn't know what real art is. I had a lot of experiences, really bad ones, that I almost lost myself but I just prayed to God. Then, it happened...I still get blessings from Him. They just kept pouring in. I couldn't even believe it myself but I always thought God was the one who is telling me to slow down. To enjoy. To do my best.  Now, I'm grateful.This is me, still working and surviving....  after 13 years. Thank you God. I am grateful.

The LUSH Lip Tint

I have a confession to make----I don't like wearing lipsticks or lipcolors. I just do because my profession calls me for it. I just don't like the feeling of something on my lips.  As I was window shopping for soaps and other skin care, I came across this fabulous lip tint from Lush!  I tried it, at first I didn't like it because it's sort of sweet...hehe but I bought it anyway. It felt natural like it has less chemicals like using natural oils and other natural ingredients. Sorry I forgot to check it from the back packaging. Honestly, this product did not last on me not because I hated it.I just don't like the feel of washing  or sanitizing my fingers (a must) all the time and dipping one of it to slather on my lips.I don't like keeping a lipbrush on my purse. I always like lipcolor to appear like stain and this did the job on me. I gave it away mainly because it's tedious for me to sanitize my finger just to apply it. I'd rather do it from the tube. I ...