Skip to main content

Aaaa---choooo!!!


       Get well. Get healthy. Drink lots of vitamin C. One of the horror stories I had with clients are those who've had runny nose due to a bad cold and allergic rhinitis.It is really hard for clients that they don't feel well and also to us make up artists who do make up on them. Recently, I had an experience with a client who I think has allergic rhinitis.They are from abroad so I also think they are not used to the weather and the surroundings here.Many factors to consider too.When I was doing the make up, I had to be really careful not to swivel and shake my make up brushes too much in front of her face especially under her nose. It was hard for me since I had to retouch the area of the nose every time the client sneezes on a piece of tissue.
I asked her to drink an antihistamine but was not able to buy. She kept on yawning so maybe that drug will do good but not sooo good with feeling sleepy the entire day! I say SHE LACKED REST AND SLEEP.

       You don't want to have watery eyes and a red nose on your wedding right? Avoid some practices that will trigger your allergy such as a change in lifestyle. Instead of going to a bar with your friends, why not go to a movie date instead so you won't be out too late and won't inhale the smoke from cigarettes during bar hours?This can trigger your allergy. Why not have a cool and clean shower too but skip the perfume? You just have to spritz a littleduring the day--use a mild cologne instead.

     Please do not blame us make up artists that a part of your face such as your nose (well maybe a part of your outer nostrils) is not covered with make up. It was covered alright but was meant to be just temporary=( A retouch won't make it any better.Better to be healthy so you will have the strength later on!

    Oh by the way, I have this sickness too...but I am sooo hard headed! Doctors told me to wear a mask all the time! 

To know more about Rhinitis, please click this  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinitis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridal Make up Beauty Transformation

II'm back again! I'm sharing this video and photos with you!  These were taken on  my sister's wedding day! My sister and I had the greatest make up session in our lives! Imagine us, sisters who bonded on the last hours before she says "I do". We just laughed and cried!I will never forget this moment!  I chose not to do a neutral or earth-tone look as I was eyeing a look that's a little both dramatic and ethereal. I asked Jay, my trusted hairstylist and friend to do her beautiful braided hair. Products used: Temptu Airbrush Foundation and Blush   temptu.com Loose Powder Foundation to set:  shuuemura.com Eyebrow gel creme:  macprocosmetics Eyeshadow colors:  viseartparis.com Lipcolor:  stila.com #beautytransformation #bridalmakeup #hairandmakeup   Before (bare faced no make up except eyelash extensions)  After (straight from my phone camera)  And these are photos from the photographer , Ralph Alejandrino. Lo...

The LUSH Lip Tint

I have a confession to make----I don't like wearing lipsticks or lipcolors. I just do because my profession calls me for it. I just don't like the feeling of something on my lips.  As I was window shopping for soaps and other skin care, I came across this fabulous lip tint from Lush!  I tried it, at first I didn't like it because it's sort of sweet...hehe but I bought it anyway. It felt natural like it has less chemicals like using natural oils and other natural ingredients. Sorry I forgot to check it from the back packaging. Honestly, this product did not last on me not because I hated it.I just don't like the feel of washing  or sanitizing my fingers (a must) all the time and dipping one of it to slather on my lips.I don't like keeping a lipbrush on my purse. I always like lipcolor to appear like stain and this did the job on me. I gave it away mainly because it's tedious for me to sanitize my finger just to apply it. I'd rather do it from the tube. I ...

It's been a long time...

 Oh my, it's been a long time since I have last posted something about work... and I think it has been a year already to be exact!  Anyway, I won't make any promises but I will really try my very best to post works more often and perhaps share more about what ladies often want to learn more. Even the men can join too.  And to share some more today, I almost gave up being a make up artist! Probably one of the reasons why is because, most people nowadays are becoming more and more of a critic and doesn't know what real art is. I had a lot of experiences, really bad ones, that I almost lost myself but I just prayed to God. Then, it happened...I still get blessings from Him. They just kept pouring in. I couldn't even believe it myself but I always thought God was the one who is telling me to slow down. To enjoy. To do my best.  Now, I'm grateful.This is me, still working and surviving....  after 13 years. Thank you God. I am grateful.